"Not to get too confused (myself first and foremost ;-)), I've put together some of my comments to date:
Two essential ideas: the 3 tier innovation AND a new approach: the third way (integrating alternatives and the main stream of higher…"
"Guido and others:
About getting rid of old mindsets: one vital aspect of the work done around TNA is:
finding a dynamic balance between planning and self-organization (science of complexity). Meaning on a content level: yes a MB Imagination is…"
"Now that's a hard nut to crack, Guido. At first we aimed at developing an MBI- a Master of Business Imagination at a executive level (say 25 years+). But soon we discovered we attract younger people as well so an BBI will be on the…"
"Now this what I like:
"Experientia, the international user experience design consultancy, has signed a five-year research and education collaboration agreement with the Design and Human Engineering School (DHE) of the Ulsan National Institute…"
Two quotes from David Kelley:
“Design thinking is basically a methodology that allows people to have confidence in their creative ability.
A basic premise of design thinking revolves around empathy, being understanding of what other…"
Generalist in business design; science of complexity; system dynamics; organizational learning
My passion: creating new higher education for the 21st century.
Bert van Lamoen
* Over 25 years of experience in both the world of international business and teaching at and developing business schools all over the world.
My main topic as adjunct/associate professor and B-school developer: How to do business/act in the new knowledge (network/creative) economy / entrepreneurship and innovation.
International business, Strategy, Organizational design, change management, organizational behaviour, CSR/sustainability and social entrepreneurship.
* My real passion is:
Co-creating the best innovative higher education fitted for the 21st Century.
* I'm a B-school veteran, with a long track record in both the teaching as well as the administration side of institutes of higher learning. So I really understand both worlds. And by this I'm well equipped in meeting one of the main challenges in education: creating an effective relationship between faculty and administration.
* The world of B-schools is converging with the world of Design-schools. As generalist/specialist in the field of 'how to act in the creative economy', I was one of the first in Europe to create new curricula empowering that convergence.
And for this to be successful we need to re-invent both the Design- and B-school. We are talking about a fundamental change.
* 35 years ago I was part of the first real innovation in higher (integrative) education in Europe; with more than 40 star professors including Noble prize winners; having studied and worked with paradigm changers like I. Prigogine (science of complexity), E. Jantsch (system dynamics), F.A. Popp: I feel at home with paradigm change.
* In line with this education: I'm a born and bred generalist, building new curricula and organizations based on science of complexity and system dynamics. These so-called new sciences give us unique tools for building both new content and organizational structures (e.g. network organizations).
One essential aspect: new leadership styles. And one should not only teach this, but as a school we need to practise what we teach.
* In Europe we're more than ready to create New Education for the 21st Century; Europe should take the lead!
* I'm co-creating a new campus in the Netherlands and I'm developing a unique new Business School - The New Academy - and Master's Degree: an MBI. A Master in Business Imagination.
* The New Academy is an independent institute but as such fully co-operates with existing universities: as Innovation Lab for New Education
The place where this is happening: Campus Amersfoort.
Together we can work the dream.
Contact me: email@example.com
Why do you want to be part of this community? (we ask this question in part because we want a spam free community for you and other members)
This is so true. I've read your document "New Education for the 21st Century" and seen that you inserted the concept of holistic education and spirituality in business as one of the three blocs that build this new business education. Your is a very ambitious project and really "democratic" in its co-creating aspects. I'm glad to read all the updates on Wenovski.
If you are interested in having a chat with Reggio Children I can give you their contacts. I recently worked with Reggio for the conversion of a power plant in an atelier for children.
I'd like also to kindly ask you when the Academy will approximately begin its activities, especially regarding the MBI, beacuse I was considering the possibility of getting an MBA in the near future to plug some of my gaps and put the basis for an entrepreneurial activity.
I'd like also to share with you some reflections I made with some people from the coproducing.it group (it's a kind of "collective of people" we created during an unconference we organized some time ago in Milan) after we knew from Arne by twitter about the new project. It's only a brainstorming and maybe some ideas are confused but for us it was only an exercise (also with a business model canvas) to imagine how it would be the BD school we'd like to attend: ideas%20for%20a%20BD%20school.docbusiness%20model.pdf
Yes, I am 50% Dutch, but unfortunately not the part which manages my languages. I was raised in the USA, and my parents "didn't want to confuse" us! Anyway, yes, we can start online (but where, I'm not sure. A lot to convey and compare). I suppose just jumping in with both feet.
I am in Ireland, not the UK, but I do need to make a trip over to NL soon as I can to meet a number of poeple I've been discussing this project with, as it's time to start talking and start doing.